2. What personal information do we collect?
In the course of our business we may collect personal information about you that is necessary for us to perform our functions and activities.
The types of personal information we may collect and hold will vary depending on the nature of our interaction with you, and may include:
- identifying information, such as your name and email address
- transaction details relating to payments for our Products
- personal preferences you specify using our Products.
3. When do we collect personal information?
We will only collect personal information about you by lawful and fair means.
We may collect personal information in various circumstances, such as when you:
- sign up as a user for our Products
- provide payment details to use our Products
- specify personal preferences for using our Products
- consent to receive updates, news or other marketing materials from us
- communicate with us, including in relation to support requests or complaints.
We will generally only collect your personal information directly from you but sometimes we may collect your personal information from third parties, such as from:
- our affiliate companies and related bodies corporate
- our third party providers, suppliers and contractors
- anyone who deals with us on your behalf.
If you don't provide personal information that we request, we may decline to provide you our Products.
4. How do we use personal information?
We will generally only use personal information for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or for secondary purposes related to the primary purpose. We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to carry out our functions and activities including providing our Products
- to manage our relationship with you and to contact you for follow up purposes
- to send you updates, news and other marketing materials
- to verify and update personal information held by us
- to review, develop and improve our functions and activities and business processes
- to address and respond to complaints
- to comply with legal or regulatory obligations
- as required or authorized by or under law, including where you have provided your express or implied consent.
Our functions and activities may change from time to time.
To carry out the above purposes, we may disclose your personal information to our affiliated companies and third parties we engage to assist us in carrying out the above purposes, such as cloud and data storage providers, IT support, marketing service providers, insurers and professional advisors.
5. How do we store your personal information?
We store your personal information on password protected servers operated by AWS.
We take security seriously and have a range of security controls in place (including physical, technical and procedural safeguards) designed to protect your personal information.
We take reasonable steps to:
- make sure that the personal information that we collect, hold use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date
- protect the personal information that we hold from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
6. Do we transfer personal information internationally?
We may disclose your personal information to our affiliated companies and service providers located in different countries.
7. How can you access or correct your personal information?
If you'd like to seek access to or request correction to the personal information we hold about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will generally provide you with access to your personal information where practicable, and we'll take reasonable steps to correct any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date. Where permitted under law, we may refuse you access to your personal information, or may refuse to correct your personal information, in which case we will provide you reasons for this decision.
8. How do we handle complaints?
If you have concerns or complaints about our collection or handling of your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com
We will review your complaint and you should expect a response from us within 30 days. We will do our best to resolve complaints to your satisfaction, but if you're unhappy with our response you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner who may investigate your complaint further.